All weight loss is not created equal. Sometimes that number on the scale can deceive us, and not tell us the whole story about our weight loss and fitness progress. If you are on a journey to get in better shape, lose weight, or get more toned, this article is especially for you! It is imperative for you to know the difference between general weight loss, and fat loss, to ensure that you are losing weight the smart way.
Today, I’m going to break down some key points related to fat loss, that will give you a clearer understanding of why it’s much better than overall weight loss, as well as the best ways to lose fat. Does this sound good to you? Are you ready?
Let’s dive in!
Most of the time, when someone says they want to lose weight, what they actually mean is that, they want to lose the excess fat on their body. Remember, there are many ways to lose weight (crash dieting, dramatically decreasing your calories, fasting, etc.), but the true question is: What type of weight do you want to lose? With your typical crash diets, you can potentially lose a significant amount of weight, in a short period of time. But the weight you lose will be muscle, fat, bone, water, etc.
What you really want to do is, decrease the fat on your body, while increasing and/or preserving the muscle mass on your body. This may or may not show up on the scale as significant weight loss, but it will greatly impact the composition of your body. Muscle boosts your metabolism, and burns fat 24 hours a day (even while you’re sleeping). Muscle is your greatest asset, when it comes to fat loss.
Losing weight is not just about doing whatever you can to get that number on the scale down, because if you lose 30 pounds, from crash dieting, but 15 of those pounds were muscle, you have only hurt yourself in the long run. Avoid crash diets at all costs! If you drastically reduce calories, you’ll lose weight, but at the expense of your nutrition. You’ll also lose muscle, therefore slowing down your metabolism. Thus, the body will burn fewer calories, and when your diet is normal again, you’ll gain the weight back faster.
When you lose weight the smart way (less body fat, more muscle strength) you see the positive changes in:
– How you look.
– How you feel.
– How your clothes fit.
– How you look in pictures.
– Your measurements.
– Your strength and endurance.
– Your energy level.
– Your blood work.
– A decrease in your body fat percentage.
All of these things matter much more than just the number on the scale. So let’s get into some specific ways to help you lose the fat on your body, while maintaining, and or increasing your muscle.
3 Tips On How To Lose Weight The Smart Way
1. Be Smart About Your Caloric Intake. You want to eat as many calories as you possibly can, that will allow you to still lose weight. What does mean? It means that you should not be starving yourself. It also means that you should be focusing on getting your calories from whole foods (not processed ones), so eating more fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, complex carbs, and protein is key. Your body needs nutrient-dense foods in order to thrive. So it’s not just about consuming less calories. Where those calories come from, is equally important.
2. Prioritize Strength Training. Remember, the secret to your success in losing fat, and not just weight, is your lean muscle mass. You want to be building up your muscle mass and strength, in order to make sure that your metabolism is optimized, and you’re burning fat, even while at rest. The best way to do this is to lift heavy weights, and do exercises such as, deadlifts, rows, bench press, and squats (with weights). When you prioritize your strength training, you will feel the difference in your body, and you will also see the difference. Strength training, and lean muscle mass make all the difference in how you look, as you begin to lose weight (especially when you’re primarily losing fat).
3. Take Your Time. The faster you lose the weight, the more likely it is that you’re losing fat and muscle, which is not what we want. Don’t rush the process. Remember, you didn’t gain the excess fat overnight, so you shouldn’t aim to lose it overnight. The goal is to make lifestyle changes that will allow you to maintain your weight loss/fat loss, over time, and continue to increase your strength every day. Slow progress is still progress, so don’t get frustrated or impatient at how long it takes you to reach your fat loss goals. Your ultimate goal is to keep it off, once you lose it, not to lose it as fast as you can.
Now that you’re clear on the difference between fat loss and weight loss, I’m sure you’re feeling pretty excited about tackling this challenge!
So I’d like to invite you to join my new, 30-Day Fat Loss Program, that begins today! In this program you will get:
– Meal ideas
– Science-Backed Supplements
– Answers/Solutions to your issues
You have to be able to commit to 30 minutes of exercise, at least 3 times per week, for the next 30 days. The aim here is to build healthy habits that you can sustain for the long term while losing the fat.
If you are not serious about losing fat, no need to apply.
We get started today, November 2nd, 2018.
I’ll be going at it alongside you. Are you with me?
I look forward to helping you get healthy habits sorted ahead of the busy Christmas season!
Post a comment below if you’re interested in joining my 30-Day Fat Loss Program today, and I will send you all of the details for getting started.
Cheers to a holiday season filled with joy, peace, love, and fat loss!
Don’t forget to share this post on social media, to help empower your friends with the knowledge they need to lose the fat, once and for all.
Check out some of my favorite fitness, and healthy lifestyle products that I use, and highly recommend below (affiliate links):
Jump ropes: bit.ly/jumpropemif
Pre-workout pill: bit.ly/gobernadette
Body works ball: http://www.bodyworksball.com Code: Jump
Go 2 Socks (compression socks): http://www.go2socks.com
Detox Tea: bit.ly/tlcmif
Get samples of the Detox Tea at bit.ly/healthymif
Water Bottle and App: bit.ly/watermif Code: BERNADETTEH10
My waist trainer in a bottle: https://www.modere.com/8547601